Step On Bus Tours


248.619.6692

steponbustours@gmail.com

23211 Woodward Ave. #121

​Ferndale, MI 48220

​Facebook: stepon.bustour page

Twitter: @StepOnBusTours

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Cheese being mixed at Guggisberg Cheese Factory.
Cheese of all sorts is my Achilles heel. Strong, flavorful Horseradish cheese is my favorite and I usually have a couple of bricks of it in the freezer.

I usually get it from the Guggisberg Deutsch Kase Haus Cheese Factory in Middlebury, Ind, about a half-an-hour from Michigan's state line. In the mornings you can usually see the cheese being mixed in vats. From there it is mixed with other ingredients -- spices, herbs and so forth. Then, it is cut and wrapped. 

Typically, there are always a multitude of varieties available for tasting.  Again, these are tasting portions only and not meant to be slices. 

The Deutsch Kase Haus -- the German Cheese House -- features award winning Colby Cheese; rich and delicious. 

Other products are also available. My focus is solely on the cheese. As I write this my toast has a thin spread of hummus with a slice of baby Swiss.

The store is located in the heart of Indiana's Amish country, so when you go, be very careful when driving.  You'll see a lot of horse and buggies on the road so remember to share the road politely. 

My personal P.S. I am only a snapshot taker and not a photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment