Step On Bus Tours


248.619.6692

steponbustours@gmail.com

23211 Woodward Ave. #121

​Ferndale, MI 48220

​Facebook: stepon.bustour page

Twitter: @StepOnBusTours

Thursday, November 7, 2013

A NOTE DELIVERED IN THE STILL OF THE NIGHT

This is probably my final post about my experience with the Latin Mass during All Soul's Day.
There was so much that went on for me and it is still happening. The reverence of the day is still overwhelming me.  Clearly something within me changed, and I like it.

Now, as an event planner, I know just how much work was involved in putting on the Traditional Latin Mass at St. Hugo's Stone Church by the Oakland County Latin Mass Association. On Facebook they asked that those who attended write a thank you note to Monsignor Tocco because he let the Stone Chapel be the venue.  And please, let him know that you are grateful that he permitted the mass on his premises. I know of another Monsignor who would never allow a Traditional Latin Mass in his Church. EVER.  That's why it's so important to thank Monsignor Tocco-- SO WE CAN DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. 

Besides, maybe Mr. Wassim Serwah will conduct Schubert's Mass in G Major, which showcases quite the devotional mood.  And, if I may say, Monsignor Tocco definitely understands music.  After all, the renowned pianist, James Tocco, is a relation. It bears noting that his playing is superb. 

And finally, it would just be so totally awesome, if another Traditional Latin Mass could be held at the Stone Chapel as those who attended know. 

So the bottom line is that I never expected to be so revved by this experience. I thought I was going to hear some really cool Mozart and go to Mass. Boy, was I ever wrong. 

Thank you notes are really important so that people who do wonderful things understand the difference that it made. Here is the note that I sent to the Monsignor.  Please write one of your own. Let's jam his mailbox in a good way.


Dear Monsignor Tocco,

With hearty gratitude I thank you so much for allowing the Oakland County Latin Mass Association to  hold the Traditional Latin Mass at  St. Hugo's Stone Chapel on All Soul's Day Nov. 2, 2013. 

The Chapel was the ideal location for the High Solemn Latin Mass paired with Mozart's Requiem conducted by Wassim Serwah, concert master  for Church of the Assumption Latin Mass, Windsor, Ontario, Canada. His musical direction was awesome.  Mozart's Requiem is no easy piece but together with the Latin as it was intended, it was powerful and invoked deep feelings of prayerful inspiration.  You know, the Chapel lent so much to the very sacredness of the Mass.  But, you must hear this a lot. 

The entire afternoon was such a sensational experience; between the language, the music, and the rituals, the Latin Mass invoked a reverence among the congregants, which was so obviously noticeable.  Monsignor you could hear a pin drop.  The sacrifice of the mass was outstanding. Clearly, we were so respectful. 

I can't stop thinking about the way I felt, how the Latin Mass transformed me.  Something changed.  Truly, it was a life altering experience. Besides, I can't stop blogging and talking about it. 

Again, I appreciate your permitting this type of mass at the Chapel. 

As cheesy as it sounds Monsignor, it was such a totally awesome experience for me.  It made such a gigantic change in my life.     

Best ,

Rose Szwed

No comments:

Post a Comment