Step On Bus Tours


248.619.6692

steponbustours@gmail.com

23211 Woodward Ave. #121

​Ferndale, MI 48220

​Facebook: stepon.bustour page

Twitter: @StepOnBusTours

Sunday, December 16, 2012

MARIAN SITES AND SHRINES BRING RELIEF

People in procession on the Feast of the Assumption
Mary, the Mother of Jesus, figures prominently in the Christmas story.  In fact, there are many Marian feast days in December -- Immaculate Conception and Guadalupe not to mention the Orthodox feasts.

I am Catholic and deeply devoted to Mary, Queen of the Universe and also known by many other treasured names.  Visiting Marian sites and shrines is still very important to me.

When I was in Ephesus, Turkey I visited the Mary house, where almost all in attendance were so respectful of the place.  Mainly because of the history, and that this is evidently Mary's final resting spot.  It was also the first Church of Mary.

Many religions treasure Mary. She is regard highly in the Koran and is much loved by the Turkish people. In Buddhism and Hinduism she is perceived as the Mother of Love and Tenderness. By the Jews, she is known as the Daughter of Zion.

Mary has appeared to people in many places, mostly out of the way. For instance, Lourdes was a grazing place for sheep and out of the way.  Juan Diego was blessed by her and conveyed her message to others. Even in America there are Vatican sanctioned places where Mary appeared. 

I went to one. Contrite. Invoking her for assistance in a financial matter. Bursting into tears. Praying for a miracle. A solution to an extreme difficulty.  I feel that Mary listens to her children when hearts are pure and requests are sincere. In my visit, I was so overcome by the divinity of her presence and that she would care enough to watch over us all. 

The trip was so out of the way for me, and so worth it. The prayer so dear.

The miracle and aid was granted to me. Grateful? Yes, of course. There is so much more to this little story of a mighty miracle that positively changed my life.  I am planning a 2 night/3 day trip to this particular site of this Marian apparition which will be on my website in the next few days. 

In the meantime, let's remember to honor our Holy Mother of Jesus during this Christmas season.



No comments:

Post a Comment