Step On Bus Tours


248.619.6692

steponbustours@gmail.com

23211 Woodward Ave. #121

​Ferndale, MI 48220

​Facebook: stepon.bustour page

Twitter: @StepOnBusTours

Monday, November 26, 2012

FIGHT BANK FEES & WIN


Yikes. This afternoon I had an overdraft on my personal checking account. All weekend long, I checked the account and even deposited money in the account.  This morning, the account still showed that I had plenty of funds to cover both the debit/credit card and checks. 

Lo and behold, this afternoon, I had $5.72 left in my account.  I just could not tell where the overdraft occurred after searching everywhere on my online account. 

So, I marched over to the bank, where they know me. The manager went through the account.  It took him a while to find the culprit, which was a gas station and the way they debited the account.  He also credited back the debited fee to my account, which he didn't have to do.  He explained how I can avoid this in the future. 

I was very grateful. The point is, you can get reimbursed for fees.  Be polite. Make it clear you do not understand just how the fee occurred.  Be sure to go to the same bank and preferably the same teller all the time.

Let me know about your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment